Water. We totally take it for granted. We let the faucets run while we brush our pearly whites, we take 30 minute showers, and mostly likely we don’t drink enough of it.
Must I remind you that your body is composed of about 60% water? We need water in our bodily fluids to be able to properly digest, absorb, circulate, create saliva, transport nutrients, and maintain our body temperature. 
And it’s at our fingertips – the tap. Does the thought of drinking from the tap make you cringe? The Massachusetts Water Resources Authority released a report each year about the water quality in each neighborhood. Check out Boston’s 2012 drinking water test results here. Tap water is totally safe, and most importantly, totally FREE.
Here are 8 tips for drinking enough water each day in a really fun way:
- Fruity water! Water can taste so boring. Stick some freshly cut fruit into your water to give it flavor. Our friends at BU Dining Services have the right idea with their “hydration stations” of water mixed with oranges, strawberries, and cantaloupe.
- Mocktails! Combine fresh ginger, cucumber, lemon, and spearmint in your water. Refreshing and fancy looking.
- Make it your own! If you want to drink more water, you gotta love your water bottle. Invest in a reusable water bottle and make it your own by sticking your favorite sticker on it, or writing on it in permanent marker. It’s your new daily companion!
- Funky vessles! My favorite way to drink my water is in my giant 24 ounce Ball mason jar. I seriously carry this thing everywhere. The measurements on the side allow me to track my water intake each day. And I always turn a few heads on Comm Ave. walking about with a giant glass jar. Try it!
- Order it! When out to eat at a restaurant, or at a bar for a night of bevies, always order water at a restaurant before any other drink. Sip it down while reading the menu. It’s effortless.
- Frubes! Take flavored water to another level by freezing sliced fruit and water in icecube trays. The result is yummy and SO cute. Check out Oxfam’s take on ice frubes on Pinterest.
- Comfort water! Boil your water and put a bit of honey and a squeeze of lemon in it. This is not only delicious but a great way to repair that sore throat you feel coming on…
- Bubbly! Mix some sparkling water (flavored or not) with plain H20. It’ll give your glass some flair.
There’s no need to monitor the color of your urine or count your empty water bottles. Just pay attention to your thirst! Our body is really good at telling us what we need, but we have to listen. 
So drink up, BU!
SPREAD THE HEALTH: Make an effort to drink more H20 every day by adding fruit pieces, tagging your water bottle, trying it hot with lemon and honey, or grabbing some sparkling. Hydration should be fun!