Afraid to check your bank account’s balance for fear there’s nothing there? Don’t let your budget bully you anymore! This semester, resolve to get your finger on your finances. This post features apps that help you make the most of your money.
Why We Love Mint:
- It’s simple: Staying up to date on money management can be hard work, but Mint makes it easier by streamlining all your accounts to one place
- It’s safe: Mint is a read-only service and uses the same level of security as your bank, which means you can’t move funds in or out—and neither can anyone else
- It’s smart: Mint automatically categorizes expenses, fees, and income, and provides you with customized information about other savings or credit programs based on your spending habits
- It’s encouraging: Visualizing where your money really goes motivates you to stick to a budget and make smart spending decisions on the go
Now that you’ve got a handle on your budget, stick to it by shopping smart and finding the best deals out there using iSlick!
Why We Love iSlick:
- It’s extensive: You can find coupons, sales, and freebies for just about any category
- It’s customizable: You can find deals local to Boston and the surrounding area
- It’s community-driven: You can join forums, have discussions, and become friends with other members to find the best deals for anything on the site
SPREAD THE HEALTH: Mint.com and iSlick are just two of the many mobiles tools designed to help you make smarter choices with your wallet.
There are THREE ways to enter the giveaway: (1) Share this blog post on Facebook or Twitter and tag/mention us (2) Leave a comment below telling us about a good money-saving tip (3) Tweet at us or comment on our Facebook page answering the same question.
The more you do, the more times your name will be entered. We will pick one winner on March 13, 2013 using Random.org. This giveaway is open to Boston University students only. Good luck!